Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Like a new person...

Hello!


Finally went for that 2nd opinion at the University of Arizona in Tucson last week. It was such a load off...the doctor answered all my questions, confirmed what my doc here in Scottsdale is doing and gave me a gameplan. I am like a new person....I also started 2 new drugs 3 weeks ago. They are in pill-form...such a nice change. So far, so good....at least they are working on my skin. Just hope they are bombing those nasties on my liver! Next scan will be end of September, beginning of October....just before my 50th birthday. What a wonderful present a "no evidence of disease"(NED) scan would be!!!! Please pray for me...I REALLY need it now!


Also, I am seeing a therapist named Lynn....I'm not sure if I really need her, but why not? It can't hurt to rehash my weeks with her....nice to have an impartial person to talk to.


WELL, summer has definitely come to the "Valley of the SUN"! UGH...been in the 108-113's. I am not going to let it get to me....I should be a pro at this desert living since this is my 17th summer here. Think Antarctica...go to movies...ice skate...shop in a cold store.....think penguins, ice cream, cold winter wind coming off Lake Erie in January.....hmmmmmmm...nice....


Just wish I had the money to visit San Diego right now. Kirsten is over there for 2 weeks with her dad...Ash and Jon are going over just for this weekend. Nice over there right now!


Well, that's about it for now...I am feeling much better all the way around.


Love you all.....hope to see each and everyone of you soon....well, I can hope anyway!


Love,


Barb

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Barb(am I supposed to call you Aunt Barb?) that makes me so happy that things are looking up! I'm thrilled! Jeff says he sends hugs!

Julie Donner Andersen. author said...

Glad to hear the new doc gave you renewed hope and a gameplan for positive action! Also glad to hear you are seeing a shrink - it's nice to emote in a safe environment, so be honest, be yourself, relax, and think of it as an hour at a spa! lol