Friday, May 1, 2009

Plugging along....................













Hi Y'all!

Just plugging along out here in Arizona...had Doxil #2 on Monday. Only side effects have been pain in my shoulder and under my arm. Also, the lymphedema in my left arm is worse, but I am managing as best as I can. I am back on Vicodin again....UGH! But, hoping for the best with this drug....it had better be worth the pain. Strange how all these drugs effect you differently. I discussed combining some drugs with Dr. Roberts. He said that we will see after the scan in June.

Last weekend was full of excitement....went to the Salsa Challange on Saturday.
On Sunday Kirstie and I met up with Ashley in Casa Grande..ate at Olive Garden and saw the movie "Earth".
I saw "The Soloist" yesterday.....loved it. Robert Downey, Jr. is amazing...and so is Jamie Foxx!!!!! I recommend it for sure.

Last night Kirstie had her dance show at school. It was really good! My kids have inherited my love of dance.

Today is the Feast Day of the cancer saint, St. Peregrine. God Wink: It's also the 2nd anniversary of my breast cancer diagnosis. So, I'm feeling a little weird about the day, but it's such a special day...I am ready to celebrate 20 to 30 more!!!!!!!

Curtis Stone, the Take Home Chef is going to be at Kierland Commons today at Noon. I just might have to check him out.....maybe he will come home with me! :)

That's about it for now...
Have a blessed day!
Love ya,'
Barbie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooooh I love Curtis. I'm jealous! No chefs ever come to Oklahoma. Glad you had a good weekend!

Ashley said...

Mom...

haha that photo of me is AWFUL!! :)