Sunday, March 8, 2009

Good Week!

I had a good week. The weather here in Phoenix has cooled down again. Makes me happy because 90 was just too hot for March. Today is going to be a high of 74?

Yesterday, Kirsten and I visited a huge dog adoption fair at the Franciscan Renewal Center in Paradise Valley. It was overwhelming....too many dogs. We visited the pug tent and fell in love with all the pugs there. We'd like to find a companion for Frankie, but I still think a poodle mix is right. He loves fluffy girls. I don't think he realizes that he is a pug. When he has been around then, he is indifferent. So the search goes on.

Last Monday I had my PET/CT scan...that was the high light of my week actually. I have high hopes for great results! I get my results tomorrow. We "cansurvive" people have a love-hate relationship with scans......when they are great, then exhilaration....if bad......well, you know...

I really want to get off Abraxane...I want to not feel so tired & get my hair back, but if it's working, it might be worth the effort to stay on it for a few more cycles...I've had 4.

Oh, another thing happened (guess my week wasn't all great)....my health insurance is going to change on April 1st to Blue Cross/Blue Shield. It's about the same as United Healthcare, but the deductible goes up to $1500 a year.... AND, I just paid the $500 deductible for 2009 through the insurance I have now....See America, even people with great insurance in this country still can get "S****ED"!!!!!!! Bankruptcy here I come!!!!!! Bright side....lifetime max starts again

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!!!! :)

Love,
Barb

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope the results are awesome! Hugs!

PS This is your neice in law Chrissy

Anonymous said...

OK...time for you to move to Canada and get free medical treatment. I know of someone who would love to have you. *wink* ((hugs))