Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Doxil to the rescue!!!!!

Hi everyone!!!

Beautiful day today here in Arizona!!!! I feel pretty good since my infusion of Doxil yesterday. I don't have that usual sluggish feeling on night number 2. Kinda sore in surg area...chemo does that. My bloodwork and liver numbers were normal. I still think those scans aren't mine....I feel too good! Now I have to wait until June to know if the drug is working...wait...wait...wait!!! One of these days they will have a test to let you know right away if the drugs are working. Actually, they are working on it. Can't come too soon for me.

My lovely oldest daughter turned 23 last week (3/24)....wow, how time does fly. It's like my life started the day she was born. Sometimes I wonder how I lived before I had the children. They seem to have always been around me in some way. On Saturday, we celebrated her day with lunch out at a tasty Mexican restaurant and dinner was Thai. I told my oncologist on Monday that one thing that I want in life is to be a Grandma.....guess I won't be checking out any time soon....it will be quite a long time before any of my kids have kids. Besides I have to get some traveling in first. Hey, anyone interested in a cruise from Athens to Rome????? :)!

Toot-a-loo.....

2 comments:

Julie Donner Andersen. author said...

Happy Birthday, Ash!

Hey Barb..I'm up for a cruise! Pick me..oh pick me please...pick me...me..me..me...meeeeeee!!! LOL

MM said...

Hey Barb! I hear that is a fabulous cruise, too! I highly recommend Princess Cruise Lines- have taken it 5 of them with them and wow can they treat guests like royalty! Just what you deserve!!

Glad you are feeling well.

You are an amazing inspiration!