Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Let's catch Up!

Ok, well hello everyone! I know I should have been writing this for the last 21 months, but I've been a very busy gal as you will see. So to my new "BLOG"! Cheers!

Most of you know that I was diagnosed with breast cancer on May 1, 2007. Believe it or not, this was after I found a lump 2 years prior and had been having regular mammograms. I beg each and every one of you to please not depend on mammograms and the "professionals" out there to be responsible for your health. Trust your gut!!!!

So fast forward to today.....for the record I have had (and I think this is correct...I know I will forget something) 3 surgeries, multiple breast, skin and and one liver biopsy, a port placement for my drugs, 5 Muga scans to monitor my heart's ejection fraction (Herceptin is hard on the heart), 3 CT's, 1 skeletal x-ray, 2 bone scans, 4 PET/CT's, 3 MRI's (1 breast and 2 brain), 21 infusions of chemo (I think), 2 rounds of lengthy radiation (maybe like 65 treatments) and 29 lymphedema therapy sessions. YES, I have been a busy girl and to think I worked full time during a year and a half of this. Side note....all these scans, except the x-ray require an injection of some sort and lying still which I don't do well..soooooo, they aren't a walk in the park for me.

I am due a PET/CT on March 2nd and at that time I will explain exactly where I stand. I feel great and know that my current regimen of Abraxane and Herceptin is working. I'll tell you why after the scan. :)

Well, that's it for now.....

2 comments:

Barb H said...

Barb, You're my hero, you're strong, brave and I have no doubt that you and cancer will peacefully "break up"! You're often in my thoughts and I'm confident we'll be friends long into our sexy, glamorous senior years! Love you! --Barb

Barbara McLaren said...

Thank you!!!!
Love ya too!!!!!!